William Sichel is a science graduate of Chelsea College, London University. William is a highly respected, world class ultra runner. William started ultra running in 1994, following an earlier career as an international standard table-tennis player.
William is the current M55 World Record holder for the 1000km distance, the 6-Day event, and the 1000 mile race and has broken multiple ultra distance running records at World, British and Scottish level including age-group; specific event records like Badwater and the Spartathlon and Guinness World Records on the Treadmill.
Full details of William’s records can be found HERE
In 2010 William broke three M55 World Records in the 1000 Mile World Cup during the Athens Ultramarathon Festival; in his first ever 1000 mile race he came 2nd overall and during the race set new M55 World Records for the 6-Day, 1000 km and 1000 mile events.
William has won international events in the UK (five times), Netherlands, USA (twice), Switzerland, Monaco (twice), Greece and Germany.
Some of William’s Personal Bests
- Marathon: 2:38:17 (1995)
- 100km: 7:07:49 (1996)
- 12hr: Track 141.50km/87.92 miles (2001)
- 24hr(Road): 246.70km/153.30M (2000)
- 48hr (Indoor): 344.267km/213.92 miles (2007) Scottish Record
- 48hr (Track): 340.80km/211.76M (2008)
- 48hr (Road): 329.710kms/204.87 miles (2007)
- 72hr : “Across the Years” 72 Hour race, Phoenix, Arizona, USA. Outright winner – 269.364 miles/433.50 kms. (2009)
- 6 Day (Road): World Age Best for 6 Days – 751km/466.65 miles (2009)
- 6 Day (Track): Hamm Six Day Track Race, Germany. Outright winner, British Record (M50), Scottish Track record and All-Time Scottish record (Modern) – 857.07km/532.56 miles (2008).
- 7 Day : Athens International Ultramarathon Festival 7 Day, Outright winner.
- 1000kms : M55 Road: 7 days 23 hrs 45mins 43 secs, Athens 2010
- 1000 miles : M55 Road: 13 days, 20 hrs, 8 mins 1sec, Athens 2010
William has represented Great Britain 11 times since 1996:100km team x 8 & 24hr team x 3Tweet this!